Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sisterhood of the Traveling Glasses

Last Friday three of us were at Pitaya where we tried on clothes and checked out all the interesting clothes, shoes and sunglasses they had. There were these specific glasses that Sundus liked and she thought I should buy them because they looked good on me. It's really funny because as the girl that works there told us, they are "nerd chic" glasses. They were fun to wear but I didn't want to initally buy something that I assumed I wouldn't wear outside of the house. After Sundus and Areej tried it on, I felt like buying them because they looked fun on all of us and we could rotate them amongst ourselves. So after a $10 purchase, the Sisterhood of the Traveling Glasses was put into action. When we met up with Hikma for lunch I tried to trick her into believing that they were my real glasses. She kind of fell for it but I let her try it and voilĂ  she looked fantastic in them! We're pretty convinced that they'll look awesome/ridiculous "nerd chic" on all of us.

On a personal note I've been convincing other friends and coworkers including my Boss (!) that these are real glasses. Eventually, I'll tell them the truth hahaha. Hopefully they'll be amused. I did just tell one of my coworkers and she thought it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment